Position Description for Full-Time Pastor
This position requires a full-time pastor with a commitment to God and a love for serving the congregation. The pastor shall have charge of the welfare and oversight of the church. The pastor shall preach the gospel of Jesus Christ, administer the ordinances, teach the Bible, watch over the members, and have charge over the spiritual welfare of the congregation.
The pastor shall possess the Biblical qualifications for a pastor found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9 and be a non-Reformed, mission-minded, licensed and ordained minister.
Church Expectations (not listed in any order of importance):
- The pastor (and his wife, if married) will become a member of La Plata First Baptist Church.
- He must be able to provide spiritual leadership that will lead the congregation in caring for one another and reaching out to the community.
- He must be a pastor to the entire congregation and be compassionate, warm, friendly, and have a sense of humor.
- The pastor must be approachable and committed to church growth and retention.
- The pastor should be familiar, agreeable, and compliant with the La Plata First Baptist Church constitution and by-laws.
- The pastor shall be responsible for the pulpit by preaching/teaching Sunday morning, Sunday evening, and Wednesday evening.
- He shall officiate in the ordinances, weddings, and funerals.
- The pastor will act as an ex-officio member of all committees and organizations.
- He will attend monthly deacon meetings to partner in the watchcare of church members and coordinate joint activities to promote the spiritual welfare, growth, and ministry of the church.
- The pastor will promote and demonstrate fiscal responsibility and stewardship.
- The pastor will support youth and children’s ministries (AWANA, VBS, camp, etc.).
- He will support and participate in the La Plata Ministerial Alliance.
- He will support church-sponsored ministries and missions.
- He will develop, promote, plan, coordinate, and lead a strategic plan to reach the lost in our local community and will reach out and encourage inactive church members to re-engage.
- He will participate in the planning and execution of revivals, seasonal services, or other special church and community events.
- Messages, instruction, and counseling shall be based around sound doctrine with the Holy Bible as the inspired word of God and the final authority for all our doctrines.
- For matters of guidance or controversy, La Plata First Baptist Church continues to rely upon and accept the statements and scripture references found in the Baptist Faith and Message as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention on
June 14, 2000.
Desired: A minimum of six years’ experience as a pastor leading a church congregation.
Minimum: Two to four years of higher education in a related study(s) from a recognized, accredited college/university. A Southern Baptist Convention-affiliated seminary education or degree is a plus.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to respond to email@example.com or Pastor Search Committee, La Plata First Baptist Church, P. O. Box 88, La Plata, MO 63549. Inquiries should include a letter of intent, a current resume, and three letters of recommendation.